This art piece is titled "Flowers Galore". This piece was inspired by my love for flowers. The creation process required some trial and error. At first i wanted to make the flowers out of construction paper but that was harder than it seemed. I'm glad I tried to go outside my comfort zone. I might try it again. I decided to stick with something I know how to do and that was to create the flowers from tissue paper and pipe cleaners. My next step was to create the vase. That was the easy part. After I had everything together I had to take a step back and decide on how I wanted to decorate the vase. I got some help from Ms.Schumann and my peers. We came up with a black base color and splatter of the colors seen in the flower. This art piece came out way better than I imagined. I am extremely proud of this art piece.
This piece is called "Leafing out of Fall". This idea came to me as I was walking outside in my backyard. To create this art piece I pulled some colored leaves off of the tree in my backyard. Then I went inside my house to get a water bottle. Next i decided to put the leaves inside the bottle like a vase of flowers. The end product looked very plain to me, so I decided to use my brother's baseballs to create a circle around the water bottle. That wasn't enough for me. Finally I decided to add the leaves that turned brown around the baseballs to create the idea of the seasons changing. Hence the title "Leafing out of Fall". A challenge I came across during my creation process is I couldn't get the leaves to stand up in between the baseballs. It took me a couple tries and a few adjustments to get the leaves to sit the way I wanted them to. It was also a struggle to keep the baseballs from rolling away. At one point the water bottle had fell over and all the leaves fell out. In the end I got the image I was looking for.
The title of this piece is "Gregory Grasshopper". This piece looks like a the face of a grasshopper. To create this art piece I took two styrofoam cups and I cut the bottom of the cups out. Then I cut the rim of one of the cups to make antennas. Next I cut the top of the big cup and made it the bottom half of the face. Finally I cut the top and bottom of the small cup to make the top half of the face. This final piece is not at all what I imagined. I had something totally different in mind when I was creating this piece. I was going for a much more abstract look but it didn't work out so well. The next thing I envisioned was a canon that they used in the wars. When I turned it around it started to look like a cartoon grasshopper so it inspired me to add antennas.
This piece was inspired by my original art piece "Initials". To create this original piece we took our view finder and cropped a section of the art piece. Once we picked a section we liked we took a picture. Once we had the picture we printed off a gray scale image to find the right shades, tents, and colors for our piece. My collaborative creative experience was very different from any collaborative project I did. Everybody in the group contributed ideas. There wasn't any big disputes about what to do and where to put things. Everybody considered the ideas of each other. I learned a new technique, which was splattering with a toothbrush. In order to splatter with a toothbrush you must add water to your paint to get it half watery. It almost looks like putty. Once it's watered down you put some paint in the toothbrush and drag your finger across the brush to flick paint onto the canvas. A challenge we kept coming across in our creation process was we kept getting colors in the wrong places or we would use the wrong color by accident. To fix these problems we dried the paint or let the paint dry on it's own. Then we would go back and paint over the spot with the color we intended for it to be. I helped others through their art experience during this project. I did this by leaving constructive feedback on their project. What I mean by constructive feedback is I told them what I liked about their project. As well as suggested things they can add and improve on.